Hello everyone and welcome back to Read, Write, Design! Today I am here with a very special post. If you can’t tell from the title, today I am going to be sharing with you my idea of a “Dream Crate” from Loot Crate.
Loot Crate is a monthly subscription box featuring four to six items that cover many pop culture topics and fandoms – check out their website! They have had some amazing boxes in the past, and I am excited to share with you what I would put in my very own “Dream Crate!” So, let’s get started:
THEME: TIME TRAVEL
For my Crate’s theme, I chose Time Travel. Who doesn’t love a good time travel storyline? There are endless possibilities with plot and settings, and I love seeing history portrayed in a modern-made tv series or movie!
Here are the super cool items I chose to be in my Time Travel Dream Crate:
- Outlander Mug: This mug is from the official Outlander store and reads: “What if your future was the past?” I don’t know about you, but when I read I always like to have coffee, tea, or hot chocolate. This would be a perfect mug to use while I’m reading Outlander!
- Doctor Who’s Sonic Screwdrive (10th Doctor): If you have ever seen Doctor Who, you know the Sonic Screwdriver is pretty much the coolest gadget ever! I chose this one in particular because David Tennant is my favorite Doctor. This would be a cool display item in my movie room at home! This particular item is found on ThinkGeek.com.
- Marty & Delorean Pop Funko Figurine: I have recently become obsessed with these little vinyl figurines, and this one is too cool. To have Marty McFly AND the Delorean?? That is amazing! I would love to display this along with the Back to the Future series on my movie shelves. This figurine can be found on the Pop Funko website here.
- Wyld Stallyns T-shirt from Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure: I don’t think this is a very popular movie, but I absolutely love it! I love how this t-shirt looks like a real band shirt for Wyld Stallyns and has Bill and Ted with the phone booth. I would totally wear this to show my love of Bill and Ted! This t-shirt was found in the Etsy shop TheModernGeekStudios.
- Hidden Blade from Assassin’s Creed: I am not a big gamer (sadly, I can’t make my character run around and look around at the same time….ugh). But, my husband just started playing his new Assassin’s Creed game that I got him for Christmas, and the storyline of it looks awesome! We are thinking about going to see the movie, too. But, I know that these hidden blades are a big deal, so I thought I would put this in to represent a video game fandom in my Crate. This one was found on UPlay Shop.
- Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban: I honestly just thought of this (how could I forget??). I love how Hermione uses the Time Turner necklace in this book/movie. This necklace is found on the Harry Potter Shop, and I love the way it looks! If only it really worked…
So there you have it! If I could create my very own Dream Crate, this is one example what I would include in it. Loot Crate has awesome items comparable to these in their boxes each month, so be sure to check them out!
Alright guys, thank you so much for reading! Comment below and let me know what your theme would be if you could create a Dream Crate, or what items you would like to see in it. I’ll see you on the next page!