Hi everyone! Long time no posts…I know. But let’s not get discouraged in my lack of posting, and just focus on the fact that I am BACK!! And with a fantastic book haul 🙂
These are the books I picked up in the month of October. A thrifty fact for you… I spent about $12 total on all of these books. They are all used and came either from a thrift store or a used book store.
Here we go!
- Finale by Becca Fitzpatrick: I couldn’t pass this book up when I saw it at the used bookstore! I just finished reading the third book in this series in October, and I’m dying to see how the series wraps up! This series follows Nora, a normal girl who gets thrown into a whirlwind life-change when she learns that Nephilim and Fallen Angels are very real and very much part of her life. There are so many twists and turns, some creepy parts, and of course a phenomenal romance. I highly recommend this series if you love paranormal/sci-fi books with romance!
- Someone Like You by Sarah Dessen: I went to the thrift store one day and found all of the rest of the books in my haul for $0.99 each! So I couldn’t pass up some Sarah Dessen books! Since I don’t know much about these books, I’ll use the Goodreads summary for each of them: Halley has always followed in the wake of her best friend, Scarlett. But when Scarlett learns that her boyfriend has been killed in a motorcycle accident, and that she’s carrying his baby, she was devastated. For the first time ever, Scarlett really needs Halley. Their friendship may bend under the weight, but it’ll never break–because a true friendship is a promise you keep forever.
- Keeping the Moon by Sarah Dessen: Never underestimate the power of friendship. When Colie goes to spend the summer at the beach, she doesn’t expect much. But Colie didn’t count on meeting Morgan and Isabel. Through them, she learns what true friendship is all about, and finally starts to realize her potential. And that just might open the door to her first chance at love…
- This Lullaby by Sarah Dessen: When it comes to relationships, Remy doesn’t mess around. After all, she’s learned all there is to know from her mother, who’s currently working on husband number five. But there’s something about Dexter that seems to defy all of Remy’s rules. He certainly doesn’t seem like Mr. Right. For some reason, however, Remy just can’t seem to shake him. Could it be that Remy’s starting to understand what those love songs are all about?
- Love Finds You on Christmas Morning by Debby Mayne: What is the holiday season without a Christmas book?! I decided to pick this up so I could add it to my TBR for December 🙂 It is a compilation of two shorter novels. Summary: Two women receive marriage proposals in the same house–eight-five years apart. Love finds a home on Christmas morning in two heartwarming holiday stories. “Deck the Halls” In 1925, the wealthy William Tronnier becomes smitten with the lovely but penniless Lillian Pickard. As Christmas descends on the picturesque town of Cary, North Carolina, William plans to make Lillian a proposal she can’t refuse. ” ‘Tis the Season” Nikki Tronnier moves back home in Cary, North Carolina, with plans to buy back the Tronnier family home built by her great-grandfather, William, for his bride, Lillian. But before she is able to make an offer, the handsome Drew Cornell buys the house just before Christmas.
- Me Before You by Jojo Moyes: That’s right – I picked this book for $0.99!!! And it’s in near-perfect condition! Summary: Louisa Clark is an ordinary girl living an exceedingly ordinary life—steady boyfriend, close family—who has barely been farther afield than their tiny village. She takes a badly needed job working for ex–Master of the Universe Will Traynor, who is wheelchair bound after an accident. Will has always lived a huge life—big deals, extreme sports, worldwide travel—and now he’s pretty sure he cannot live the way he is. Will is acerbic, moody, bossy—but Lou refuses to treat him with kid gloves, and soon his happiness means more to her than she expected. When she learns that Will has shocking plans of his own, she sets out to show him that life is still worth living.
- Best Friends Forever by Jennifer Weiner: I picked this one up on a whim. I’ve never read anything by Jennifer Weiner, but I know she is a very popular author, so I decided to give it a try! Summary: Addie Downs and Valerie Adler were eight when they first met and decided to be best friends forever. But, in the wake of tragedy and betrayal during their teenage years, everything changed. Val went on to fame and fortune. Addie stayed behind in their small Midwestern town. Destiny, however, had more in store for these two. And when, twenty-five years later, Val shows up at Addie’s front door with blood on her coat and terror on her face, it is the beginning of a wild adventure for two women joined by love and history who find strength together that they could not find alone.
That’s my haul for October! If you’ve read any of these books, let me know what you thought about them in the comments! What did you pick up last month?
Also, let me know if you guys want to see anything new or different on the blog. I’ve been recently thinking about doing some tv show/movie related posts, and possible even some planner-related stuff. I’ve recently gotten into using my Happy Planner, so I’m not sure if you would be interested in that. Let me know!
Thanks for reading, and I’ll see you on the next page!