Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each Tuesday, a new list is prompted, and book bloggers display their answers!
Topic for August 9, 2016: Top Ten Books OCD Bookish Habits
Hello everyone! It’s that time again…TTT! Today’s prompt was to go back and do a TTT that you haven’t done in the past. Since I’ve only been book blogging for about one year, I had plenty to choose from. I chose to do a list of my top ten OCD bookish habits – so here we go!
- Arranging my Bookshelf: We all know the struggle. Do we organize by genre, alphabetical by author, alphabetical by title, or just so it looks pretty?? All we know is that it has to be perfect.
- Matching Copies: It is one of my biggest pet peeves to have a series in which all of the books don’t match. Unfortunately, I have a couple of series that are like this 😦
- Always Reading to the End of a Chapter: When I am reading, I always make it a point to stop at the end of a chapter unless I absolutely can’t because of time, etc.
- NEVER Dog-earing pages: I DO NOT dog ear pages. I always, always, always use a bookmark…even if it a receipt from the gas station!
- Checking the Map: While I was reading The Silmarillion, I went back to check the map almost every time a location was mentioned. I just love to be able to create the world in my head while I’m reading.
- Always Noticing when I Hit the 100-Page Mark: I have no idea why I do this, but I always notice when I finally get to page 100.
- Laying my Paperbacks Face Down so the Cover Lays Flat: Am I the only one??
- Typos and Errors in Finished Copies: Ok, so I totally understand this and let it slide when I’m reading an ARC, but the finished copy?? Come on and just hire me to be your copy editor 🙂
- Not Spending more than $15 on a Book: Like usually I spend $1. But I’ll spring for a new copy if it’s for a book club or something. But my goal is to spend as little money as possible!
- Going Back to Read a Sentence Until it Makes Sense: Sometimes I can read a sentence and it just doesn’t click. So I’ll reread it. I’ll reread a sentence as many times as it takes for it to sound right in my head.
There’s my TTT for this week! Please tell me I’m not the only one who does these things!
What’s on your TTT this week? Let me know in the comments. Thanks for reading, and I”ll see you on the next page!