Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each Tuesday, a new list is prompted, and book bloggers display their answers!
Topic for May 31, 2016: Top Ten Beach Reads
Happy summer everyone! I know that the technical first day of summer is June 20, but since we just had the long, glorious Memorial Day weekend, summer has begun unofficially!
This week TTT is all about beach reads. I’m giving you all my top ten beach reads! When I would go on vacation with my parents growing up, I would take a couple of books to read while we relaxed in the sun at Myrtle Beach every year. This is my first summer being married, and I don’t think Daniel and I will take a beach vacation this summer, but no matter where we go, I will take books!
Beach reads = contemporary or ya reads for me! So here are my top ten beach reads:
- Whisper to Me by Nick Lake – I actually just finished this book last week, and it was amazing! I wish I was at the beach when I read this, because it takes places in a Jersey Shore town, and it just exudes a great summery read. It’s a great contemporary, but has suspense and mystery and a love story as well. Look for my full review of this book later this week!
- Divergent by Veronica Roth – I read this book last year while is was at the beach. This book drew me in and I was turning pages so fast! If you haven’t read this series, go for it! It is a good YA dystopian read!
- Something Borrowed by Emily Giffin – This book IS summer. The whole storyline revolves around summer holidays, like Memorial Day, Fourth of July etc. The love story is amazing, and it also pulls in wedding season into the mix, so it’s just a great summer read!
- Sisterhood Everlasting by Ann Brashares – If you are a fan of the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series and you haven’t read this book, shame on you! It was released a few years after the original quadrilogy, but it tells the story of the sisterhood as they are years later. Of course it is a great summer story, and is very heartwarming! It would be a great book to read on a girls trip!
- You’re Still the One by Rachel Harris – I reviewed this book a few months ago, and loved it! It is a quick, romantic read that takes placed during the summer in the South. This would be a great read if you’re looking for a quick romance!
…..THIS HAPPENS EVERY WEEK! I swear each week I think that I’ve read way more than I actually have. Honestly, I just started to get into reading during college (but was super busy with classes and a job). So now that I’m out of college (and have been for 2 years), I have much more time to read.
So there are my top 5 beach reads! 🙂 If you’re interested in knowing, I am currently reading First Comes Love by Emily Giffin, and starting The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson for the Lauren Conrad Book Club!
What’s on your TTT this week? I’d love to know! Thanks for reading, and I’ll see you on the next page!