Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each Tuesday, a new list is prompted, and book bloggers display their answers!
Topic for April 26, 2016: Top Ten Bookworm Delights
Hi everyone! Thank you all so much for the views and feedback on my last TTT post! It was so great to hear from you all 🙂
This week’s TTT topic is Top Ten Bookworm Delights. We all have bookish things that we enjoy (or are obsessed with), and here are my Top Ten!
- In-Your-Head Movie Reel: Is this just a “me” thing?? After I read for a few seconds, a movie starts to play in my head. It’s like I’m not even staring at a page anymore, but I can see what is happening. This is probably my favorite thing about reading!
- A Good, Floppy Paperback: I love the look of a hardcover, but I prefer to read paperback books. And nothing is better than being able to lay your book down on the table and it actually stay open! Am I right?
- Old Book Smell: I have a special love for the smell of old books. I don’t know why, but I do.
- Organizing Your Bookshelf: This is something that I’m actually looking forward to right now! We just moved into our new house a month ago, and my husband is supposed to be building me a bookshelf soon (eep!). I am so excited to display my books (by genre, by author, by title???). Growing up, I had a small bookshelf in my closet, which was not great. So I cannot wait to be able to do this!
- Bookmarks: I am a sucker for bookmarks. Problem is, I don’t even own that many “cool” ones! I usually end up using one of the two that I own or just grabbing a receipt, sticky note, etc. Maybe soon I’ll treat myself to a really nice bookmark!
- Chapter Titles: I love when authors actually give titles to their chapters rather than just numbers. One of my books with funny chapter titles is The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan!
- Bargain Books: There’s nothing better than finding a book for a great price! I bargain shop for EVERYTHING. But I have a go-to store that sells books for $1-$2 and it’s amazing!
- Wine + Bubble Bath + Book: Perfect evening.
- Dust Jackets: I know I said I prefer paperback books above, but when it comes to hardbacks, I love a good dust jacket. Although I take them off when reading, dust jackets are just always so beautiful and elegant. Bonus points if the hardcover is pretty on its own even without the dust jacket!
- Matching Covers in a Series: I can’t tell you how much it bothers me to have a series of books with mismatched covers. I do not like it…at all. My problem is that instead of just buying a set that matches, I hunt at random stores until I can find all the books that match. Oops!
So that’s my TTT this week! This was such a fun topic. What are your bookworm delights? Let me know in the comments below!
Thanks for reading, and I’ll see you on the next page!