Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each Tuesday, a new list is prompted, and book bloggers display their answers!
Topic for March 8, 2016: Top Ten Characters Everyone Else Likes that I Do Not
Hey everyone!! Are you excited for Spring? Because I am! I am loving this warm East Tennessee weather this week 🙂 Anyway, I’m here with another Top Ten Tuesday post…although I have a feeling that I might not make it to ten. I find this week’s topic very challenging. So here we go!
- Alec from The Mortal Instruments series
- Ok, I know. This is going to get me in trouble… I just don’t understand the appeal to his character. At least not in the magnitude that everyone seems to like him. I haven’t read the entire TMI series, but I have read the first three novels, and I never saw Alec as one of my favorite characters.
- Finnick Odair from The Hunger Games trilogy
- Ok. Let’s forget for a moment that Sam Claflin plays Finnick in the movies. I don’t remember Finnick being a stand-out character for me while I was reading the books. I know he has some knight-in-shining-armor moments near the end, but overall I’m not feeling the love with this character.
YOU GUYS. I literally cannot think of anything else. 😦 I think I always seem to take the characters as they were written, meaning I adopt what the writer wants me to think about them.
But, you know what I can think of? TV shows! Here’s a few characters that I just don’t get that everyone else does:
- Eretria on The Shannara Chronicles
- So, I know there was an alternating love story between Wil, Eretria, and Amberle. A lot of people I have seen online are loving Eretria! I just don’t get it. Amberle was my favorite character of Season 1, and (insert feeling about a major spoiler here). I just don’t see Eretria’s huge appeal.
- Bonnie Bennett on The Vampire Diaries
- Ok. I know. She is a HUGE character on the show. But sometimes I feel like the writers are forcing her to be a part of the story or have her own storyline going. She definitely isn’t a favorite character of mine.
- Lola on Reign
- Nope. After she slept with Francis, I had no love left for Lola. I didn’t really even like her from the beginning. Now she’s stuck with Narcisse, which isn’t going to end well.
- Morgan on The Walking Dead
- I am not going to lie, I thought it was intriguing when Morgan started following the group back at Terminus. But his whole mentality is a no go for me. Let people change?? Lock killers in a jail cell until the change?? Morgan, sometimes you can’t take the murderer out of a person.
I’m going to stop there guys. I really did have such a hard time with this topic!! Usually I can just name my top ten answers and Bam! But not this week 😦 Maybe I’m just boring in that I don’t think differently that what the book tells me to think. haha 🙂
What’s on your TTT? Please please please let me know in the comments below, because I’m sure it’s better than mine!
Thanks for reading, and I’ll see you on the next page!