Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each Tuesday, a new list is prompted, and book bloggers display their answers!
Topic for February 16, 2016: Top Ten Songs I Wish Were Books
Hi everyone! I’m back with another Top Ten Tuesday! This week I’m listing ten songs that I wish were books. This topic is pretty awesome. I love music and I love reading, so bam!
Here we go! 🙂 and as always these are not in a particular order…
- Tenerife Sea by Ed Sheeran – The lyrics of this song to me depict a very sweet and romantic relationship and/or wedding scene. I mean, the mention of the girl’s dress and hair just seems to fit a wedding scene. I’m obsessed with all of Ed Sheeran’s songs, but I think this one would tell a fantastic story in book form.
- Was It a Dream? by 30 Seconds to Mars – Throwback right here to 30STM’s second album when they were pretty well known for “The Kill.” So, this song. I just read through the lyrics and it’s hard to tell whether this song is about a relationship between a guy and girl, two friends, or between the singer and himself. I think in any light it would make for a great story! And can we please just cast Jared Leto as the main character…because yes.
- Big Freeze by Muse – Ah Muse! One of my favorite bands (as are all of these on my TTT). I think this song could make for a good sci-fi or post apocalyptic book! It has lots of space imagery in the lyrics, and I think it could make a great story. It also reminds me of some books and movies I’ve heard about, so maybe a companion novel?
- Grim Goodbye by Red Jumpsuit Apparatus – I have been listening to RJA for ten years. TEN YEARS…boy does that show my age. Can I tell you exactly what this song is about? No. But do I want to read a book based on it? Yes.
- Fourth of July by Fall Out Boy – This song would make the cutest YA Contemporary book. A sweet summer romance that ends when summer is over…just sounds so good.
- Rude by Magic! – A boy tries to get a father’s blessing to marry his daughter and he says no. Boy then marries said girl anyway. Why would this NOT make a great book??
- Shut Up and Dance by Walk the Moon – My proposed plot for this song to book adaptation: a fantastic romantic comedy set in the 1980’s John Hughes style. I am in love with the 80s and any John Hughes movie ever, so this would just be amazing.
- Cruel Summer by Bananarama – Have you heard this 80s jam? Well go listen to it, and then think of all the cool ways it could be turned into a book. It kind of reminds me of something Sarah Dessen would write, and I’m definitely ok with that.
- Check Yes, Juliet by We The Kings – And another one of my throwback favorite bands! This song would make another great YA contemporary story. In fact, I think it would be cool if it actually took place all in one night. It fascinates me how some novels can have so much detail and only span a couple of days in time.
- Uprising by Muse – I know, another Muse song. But they’re political overtones would just make for some great books! (TIP: if you have read George Orwell’s 1984, you HAVE to listen to Resistance by Muse…you’ll get it if you’ve read the book.) So, Uprising would make possibly a good companion novel to something like 1984 or even a historical fiction novel.
So there is my list! And now you guys understand what kind of music I listen to as well 🙂 I’ve been fortunate enough to see Muse, Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, 30 Seconds to mars and We the Kings live! I really hope to see Fall Out Boy soon.
What’s on your TTT this week? And what are your favorite bands? I’d love to hear!
Sneak Peak: I’ve got two more AWESOME posts coming this week on Read, Write, Design, so please keep checking back for some great content!
Thanks for reading, and I’ll see you on the next page!