Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each Tuesday, a new list is prompted, and book bloggers display their answers!
Topic for February 9, 2016: Top Ten Romantic Stories
I’m a sucker for chick flicks, chick lit, and any love story you can throw at me! Now…not exactly the same with romance novels – not very much my thing. But I love young adult contemporary, supernatural stories with romance in them, contemporary love stories, historical love stories…you get the idea!
In celebration of Valentine’s Day, which I have always loved…even when I was single, I’m listing my top ten romantic stories today!
- Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen – I’m sure this is going to be on a lot of TTTs this week, but it is truly classic. It doesn’t get any better than Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy!
- Something Borrowed and Something Blue by Emily Giffin – These stories are so great. They have great love stories between very unexpected couples, and the dynamic between Darcy and Rachel makes the story even more rich. Check out the movie if you haven’t!
- The Divergent series by Veronica Roth – Two words. Four and Tris. Their chemistry is just about the best I have ever read. Let’s just not even think about Allegiant though…
- Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick – Nora and Grey’s story hooked me from the very beginning! No spoilers though…I haven’t read the third and fourth books in the series yet!
………..So, since it seems that I actually haven’t read a lot of romantic stories (okay, I have read twilight…but not one of my overall favorites!), I’m going to give you guys some bonuses!
Romantic stories on my bookshelf that I haven’t read yet:
- Remember Me? by Sophie Kinsella
- Love the One You’re With by Emily Giffin
- Two Way Street by Lauren Barnholdt
- The One and Only by Emily Giffin
- One Night that Changes Everything by Lauren Barnholdt
- Doon by Carey Corp and Lorie Langdon
And…my favorite move/tv ships/OTPs:
- Wesley & Buttercup – The Princess Bride
- Jim & Pam – The Office
- Casey & Cappie – Greek
- Seth & Summer – The O.C.
- Damon & Elena – The Vampire Diaries
- Mary & Francis – Reign
I could actually go on with that list for a while…but I think that’s quite enough romantic stories and couples for Valentine’s Day!
What’s on your TTT this week? Let me know your thoughts about this post and what you wrote this week in the comments below. Thanks for reading, and I’ll see you on the next page!