Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each Tuesday, a new list is prompted, and book bloggers display their answers!
Topic for January 19, 2016: Top Ten Books I’ve Recently Added to My TBR
It’s Tuesday again, and you know what that means! I’m here with a list of ten books that I’ve recently added to my TBR (to be read). A lot of these books are ones that are continuations of series I have started or series that I want to begin, and a few are stand-alones that I hope to get to soon!
So, here we go!
- The Shannara Chronicles: The Elfstones of Shannara by Terry Brooks
- The reason this is the top book on my list is because I really hope to read it after I finish City of Bones! I just started watching the tv show based on these books, which airs on MTV. And before you get too skeptical about that…it’s really good. The first episode was 2 hours long and I had a hard time getting into it, but after watching week 2, I think this is going to be a fantastic show and story! I love love love fantasy, so elves, goblins, magic, and demons is right up my alley!
- Love the One You’re With by Emily Giffin
- Emily Giffin is one of my favorite authors, and I haven’t read one of her books since early 2015! So I’m definitely due to read another book by her. I first read Something Borrowed, then Something Blue, and then Baby Proof. So, the next book I need to read is Love the One You’re With.
- City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare
- So, I’m currently about halfway through City of Bones. I first read part of this series in high school, but I decided to reread them due to the Shadowhunters tv show premiering this month! I thought the pilot was decent, but I’m hoping for more development in the actors and their acting ability and also better graphics/special effects. But, the book is great of course, so I hope to continue with the next in the series!
- Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan
- I read Percy Jackson and The Lightning Thief during Summer last year, and absolutely loved it! It was a throwback to middle grade, and that was just a fun, quick read! I really wanted to get the new box set for Christmas, but I didn’t get it. Maybe I’ll have to treat myself to it for my birthday in March!
- Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick
- I read the first two books in this series (Hush, Hush and Crescendo) last fall, and I loved them! They kept me turning the pages! I found both of those books at a thrift store for about $2 each, but I haven’t gotten the last two yet. I just have a hard time spending even like $10 on a used book! I like my bargains 🙂
- The Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling
- I know, I know. I’m 23 and I haven’t read the Harry Potter series. In my defense, I did read the first book in third grade! I think it’s high time I actually sat down and read this whole series. I love the movies, so I know I’ll love the books even more! (That’s the trick peeps, watch the movie FIRST. Then you definitely won’t be disappointed because the book can only give you more information than the movie!) Anyway, I’m ready to take the plunge and become an ultimate Harry Potter fan!
- Life of Pi by Yann Martel
- I first saw the movie adaptation of this book in my Religion and Film class in college. It is a visually stunning movie, and I’m sure the book will be just a beautiful. The story is very creative, and I can’t wait to read it!
- Sinner by Maggie Stiefvater
- So you guys remember the Shiver series, right? I had no idea there was a fourth book coming out until I saw it at Barnes & Noble one day!! I really enjoyed that series when I read it, and I definitely need to pick this book up!
- As You Wish by Carey Elwes
- GUYS. If I haven’t told you already, The Princess Bride is my favorite movie of all time (I can basically quote the entire movie). Carey Elwes, who plays Wesley, wrote this book about the making of the movie. GET THIS. I got this at a local thrift store for $1. The book was published in 2014!! It was such a steal! I cannot wait to read it!
- The Lord of the Rings trilogy by J.R.R. Tolkien
- This has been on my TBR since the movies came out when I was 9… I can’t seem to bring myself to read them, but I really need to! I own the books and everything, plus I’m a HUGE fan of the movies! Maybe 2016 will be the year! I’ve already made it through the Silmarillion, so if I can do that, I can do this right?
So those are my most anticipated books that are on my TBR! I know some of them are probably surprising, but they really do need to be read. Have you read any of these? If so, let me know what you thought about them!
I’d love to see your TTT! Leave your link in the comments below, and I’ll see you on the next page!