Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each Tuesday, a new list is prompted, and book bloggers display their answers!
Topic for December 15, 2015: Top Ten Best Books I Read in 2015
I am actually super excited to bring you my Top Ten Tuesday this week, you guys. I’m sure a lot of you know about the Goodreads reading challenge…well, this year I challenged myself to read five books. (Some of you read that in a month!) I thought that would be a good number to start with-this year was filled with wedding planning, moving, switching jobs, being a newlywed, etc. 🙂
Not only have I already CRUSHED my challenge, but I am so close to reading TEN books this year! So, I give you the top nine books I have read this year, and the one I’m currently reading:
9. Lost in Geeklandia by E.J. Russell
- This was a good book, don’t get bad ideas because it’s at the bottom of my list. This was my first book for review from Entangled Publishing. I did like it! You can see my review here.
8. Allegiant by Veronica Roth
- I love the Divergent series!! (you’ll see the other two books higher on the list) But, who can get past that ending?? I won’t leave any spoilers for those who are only watching the films…but sigh…
7. Baby Proof by Emily Giffin
- This is a cute story! Emily Giffin is one of my favorite authors!! If you haven’t read any of her work, I suggest starting with Something Borrowed.
6. Attachments by Rainbow Rowell
- The contemporary reads ranked a bit lower than I thought they would! But when I went back and looked over my 2015 list, the fantasy and YA reads were just SO GOOD! This is a great book and really eased me into Rowell’s writing. I can’t wait to read more of her stuff!
5. Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick
- This is the second book in the Hush, Hush series, which I fell in love with this year. I’m still waiting to read the third and fourth installments! I did enjoy this book, but not as much as the first. The storyline with Patch in this book was really hard for me to get into. Don’t mess with my ships!
4. Insurgent by Veronica Roth
- And here is the second book in the Divergent trilogy! While I didn’t like this book as much as the first, I still liked it better than the last. The action level was good, but something just seemed off. I guess maybe it was moving away from the factions and outside of the city.
3. Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan
- How did I honestly get to be 23 years old without having read this series?? I don’t know how that happened. This book was exciting and funny and really took me back to what it was like to read as a middle schooler. I cannot wait to finish the series! It’s on my Christmas list 🙂
2. Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick
- This. Book. I absolutely loved this book! I love paranormal and supernatural stuff! (Like The Mortal Instruments and the tv show Supernatural!) This story was unlike anything I’ve ever read, and I couldn’t put this book down! Can’t wait to read Silence!
- Divergent by Veronica Roth
- Can we argue with this choice? I don’t think so. This book has everything I love to read about (except fantasy). It has a love story, action, futuristic qualities, dystopian themes. This book made me so excited for the series (and then I was slowly let down). I guess we can whine about how Allegiant ended, but it was still a great trilogy. I need to read Four!
And for the book I’m currently reading: City of Bones by Cassandra Clare!! I read this book about 5 or 6 years ago, and am now rereading it in preparation for the Shadowhunters tv show!! Yay! I never finished this series, so I hope to continue with it in 2016. I’m just over 100 pages in, so I really hope I can finish it and say I read 10 books in 2015!
What are your top ten books you read in 2015? Let me know your list and if you have any thoughts on mine below in the comments!
Thanks for reading and I’ll see you on the next page!