Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each Tuesday, a new list is prompted, and book bloggers display their answers!
Topic for November 17, 2015: Top Ten Quotes from Books I Have Read in the Past Year
Well, since I’ve only read about seven books so far this year (that I’ve kept track of), I had to use a couple of the books twice. I hope to read much more in 2016!
Here are some awesome quotes, in no particular order:
- “I have a theory that selflessness and bravery aren’t all that different.” –Divergent by Veronica Roth
- “Even strength must bow to wisdom sometimes.” –Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan
- “You can’t quantify love, and if you try, you can wind up focusing on misleading factors.” –Baby Proof b Emily Giffin
- “You die, I die too.” –Insurgent by Veronica Roth
- “If you can’t feel, then why did you kiss me?” “Because I can feel it here, in my heart.” (SWOON) –Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick
- “Whoa, who peed in your Cheerios?” (we all love Vee!) –Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick
- “That our world is so massive that it is completely out of our control, that we cannot possibly be as large as we feel.” –Allegiant by Veronica Roth
- “Kill me. If you’ve ever been my friend, kill me.” CAN’T –The Death Cure by James Dashner
- “What good is a body if I can’t have you?” Patch!! –Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick
- “We have no relationship without honesty. -by Claude” –Baby Proof by Emily Giffin
So there are a few quotes that stuck out to me in the books I read this year. Guys, I have read some AMAZING books this year. 2015 is the year that I got my reading groove back! I may not read 5 books in a month like some, but I enjoy reading each day on my lunch break and escaping for a while. And I have encountered some amazing authors and series that I can’t wait to continue!
What’s on your Top Ten Tuesday this week? Let me know in the comments below, and I’ll see you on the next page!